Ombersley Bowls Club
Ombersley, WR9 0ET 07906-752210
Contact June Green : firstname.lastname@example.org
Located next to Ombersley Cricket Club
The move of the cricket ground in 1974 to its current location provided a larger site with the space to create a village bowling green. It was insigated by Frank Bayliss and Derrick Sanders’ brother J D Sanders helped by sending one of his workmen down to the cricket club to level and prepare the ground. Only a few months later in May 1975, under the Chairmanship of John Sanders, a double-crown Bowling Green had been established beside the Cricket Pavilion. John Sanders as Chairman and Lord Sandys as President bowled the first woods on the Green and from there the Bowls Section sprang into life as an integrated part of the Cricket Club.
Ombersley Bowls Club currently run 2 mid-week evening teams (usually on a Wednesday or sometimes a Tuesday), a Thursday afternoon team and a Sunday morning team.
The Captains are: –
- Wednesday Evening ‘A’ Team Captain – Jim Hemming – contact number 07931 069596
- Wednesday Evening ‘B’ Team Captain – Erica Bush – contact number 07957 559545
- Thursday Afternoon Team Captain – Rose Minton – contact number 01905 796498
- Sunday Morning Team Captain Brian Williams – contact number 07734 481357
We also have some friendly fixtures, club night (usually a Friday, if we don’t have friendlies) and have club competitions. We are always looking for new members of all ages.
- There were no results found.